An internationally renowned poetry library, the Poetry Center sponsors numerous University and community programs, including readings and lectures, classes and workshops, discussion groups, symposia, writing residencies, poets-in-the-schools, poets-in-the-prisons, contests, exhibitions, and online resources, including standards-based poetry curricula. An area of special emphasis within the College of Humanities, the Poetry Center is open and fully accessible to the public.
The University of Arizona Poetry Center
1508 E. Helen Street
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0150
HOURS OF OPERATION (SCHOOL YEAR)
|Monday||9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.*|
|Friday||9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.|
* On Thursday evenings when we host a Reading & Lecture Series event, the library will close one hour early, at 7:00 PM. For our calendar of events, see poetry.arizona.edu/calendar.
Upcoming Closures: 2017
- Friday, September 22 (open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) - Closing early at the university's request due to a home football game.
- Thursday, October 19 - Saturday, October 21 (Thinking Its Presence Conference) The Poetry Center Library will be closed to the public during this time; evening conference presentations in the Rubel Room (7-10pm) are open to the public.
- Friday, November 10 - Saturday, November 11 (Veterans Day)
- Thursday, November 23 - Saturday, November 25 (Thanksgiving)
- Thursday, November 30 (open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.) - Closing early to host a meeting of the Poetry Coalition
- Saturday, December 23 - Tuesday, January 2 (Winter Closure)
- Saturday, January 13 - Monday, January 15 (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Saturday, March 3 (UA Spring Break)
- Saturday, March 10 (UA Spring Break)
Free parking is available in Zone 1 lots around the Poetry Center after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends. Paid parking is also available in the Highland Avenue Garage, across the street from the Poetry Center.
CODE OF CONDUCT
A condensed version of the Poetry Center's Code of Conduct is posted in the Center's library. For a view of our complete Code of Conduct and Poetry Center policies, click here: Poetry Center Code of Conduct.
You can take a virtual tour of the Poetry Center online using our panoramic viewer.