Have you ever come home from school only to be surprised by a wild animal on your block? Have you ever seen a RATTLESNAKE! a JAVELINA! a COYOTE! a GILA MONSTER! in your neighborhood?
Let’s say it again:
• What do these animals look like?
• What do you think these animals look like?
• Where do you think these animals live?
• Let’s draw them!
What are the sounds these animals make? Don’t be shy and sound them out!
Rattlesnakes says ____________
Javelina says ____________
Coyote says ____________
Gila Monster says ________
What sounds rhyme with these sounds? (Offer these sounds as examples: HISS, SNORT, YOW, RUUUR)
• Why do you think they make these sounds?
• How do these animals communicate with each other?
• What are some occasions that these animals might want to communicate with each other?
• Why is communication so important?
• How do you communicate with your family? With your friends? Classmates? Teachers?
Let’s use our imagination!