Sequence of activities:
Discuss the following:
- Imagine if Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs became real and the food raining from the sky was your favorite family meal.
- What would that meal be and why?
- What does it look like?
- What does it smell like?
- How will other people around you react?
Use the worksheet to begin the writing prompt; remember to describe how things look, feel and smell. Imagine you were in a food fight, how would the dish land on different surfaces? Describe that!
- Start the first line of the poem with “It is cloudy with a chance of (insert your family's favorite dish) ..."
- Why is it your favorite meal?
- Use a few sentences to describe what the dish would look and smell like falling out of the sky. How would it feel if it began to fall out of the sky?
- How will others react to your family dish falling from the sky? Begin sentence with "It's cloudy with a chance of _____, reports state."
Write a poem using imagery and senses
paper, pen/pencil, printer for PDF