Covid-19 protocols: What to expect when visiting the Poetry Center
For the most recent information about COVID-19 conditions on campus, visit covid19.arizona.edu
Reading & Lecture Series events
- All Reading & Lecture Series events in the Rubel Room will be indoor/outdoor in nature, and properly worn masks are required both inside the room and for events that use the breezeway. Please be sure to check the weather and dress comfortably. Masks will be provided for those who need them.
- All Reading & Lecture series events will be live-streamed in real-time to virtual audiences. All events will later be available on voca.arizona.edu, our permanent audiovisual archive.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available in the event space.
- All seats will be set out for each reading, to allow for as much seating space as possible.
- Social distancing is encouraged and will be informal; those attending will be able to place “Social Distancing Seat” signs on seats adjacent to their party, to keep one seat open between parties.
- Booksales will happen in the Poetry Center breezeway, and books will be pre-signed.
- Reading & Lecture Series events will not include Q & A sessions.
- Seating will be first-come, first-served. Once seats are filled, events will become standing room only.
- Merv-13 filters have been installed throughout the Poetry Center
- These same protocols will be observed for Reading & Lecture Series events that occur in other venues.
Library visits and in-person programs at the Poetry Center
- Individual or small group visits are especially welcome! We are not accepting requests for large group visits.
- Properly worn masks are strongly encouraged at all times, and masks will be required when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Masks will be available for those who need them.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available in the library.
- Social distancing is encouraged and will be informal.
- Merv-13 filters have been installed throughout the Poetry Center.