- AT THE POETRY CENTER
- K12 EDUCATION
- AWARDS & RESIDENCIES
- GET INVOLVED
The University of Arizona Poetry Center is a nationally renowned literary arts center and a wellspring of creative activity. Poetry Center programs are almost entirely supported by individual contributions and grants. Annual contributions to the Walt Whitman Circle will provide a predictable base of support, which is more important than ever at this time. Gifts to the Circle will ensure the Poetry Center is able to sustain programs that nourish a love of language and foster an ability to see the world with fresh eyes. These traits, the building blocks to creativity, are also our means to a highly engaged, informed society. This is the aim of the Poetry Center now and for generations to come.
Contribute online *
* Online contributions to the Walt Whitman Circle are 100% tax-deductible and benefits must be declined. If you wish to receive benefits, please contact Tyler Meier at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 626-5880. prior to making a contribution. Continued enrollment in the Walt Whitman Circle requires an annual contribution.
Sustainer Circle — $250
• Gatherings quarterly publication
• Invitation to the annual Walt Whitman Circle reception
• Exclusive invitations to special events
• Recognition in Poetry Center publications and on website
• Reserved seating at readings and lectures
[$225 of your donation is tax-deductible.]
Benefactor Circle — $500
Receives all benefits of Sustainer Circle + signed copy of a book by a reader in the Reading Series
[$465 of your donation is tax-deductible.]
Director’s Circle — $1,000
Receives all benefits of Benefactor Circle + dinner with a writer in the Reading Series
[$940 of your donation is tax-deductible.]
Sponsor Circle — $2,500
Receives all benefits of Director’s Circle + sponsorship acknowledgment of a specific program, such as the Reading and Lecture Series, Library Field Trip program, Corrido Contest, or Family Days at the Poetry Center
[$2,440 of your donation is tax-deductible.]
Endowment Circle — $5,000
Annual gift to the Poetry Center Programs Endowment receives all benefits listed + acknowledgement on Programs Endowment Donor Wall
[$4,940 of your donation is tax-deductible.]
Lifetime gifts of $10,000 + are designated for the Poetry Center Programs Endowment
Ask us about making a pledge.
The University of Arizona Poetry Center is one of only three landmark buildings in the nation dedicated to the celebration of poetry. Current Poetry Center programs will directly benefit from the Walt Whitman Circle.
• Our free Reading and Lecture Series features critically acclaimed poets, fiction and non-fiction writers reading and discussing their work.
• Discussion Groups provide opportunities to learn and share ideas about works of poetry and fiction.
• Library Field Trips introduce school and community groups to the treasures in our world-renowned library collection and offer introductory lessons
• Family Days is a once-a-month Saturday program of reading and writing activities and performances for children of all ages, and their parents and grandparents.
• Our Bilingual Corrido Contest introduces Arizona high school students to a musical-poetic form indigenous to our U.S./Mexico border region.
• Matinee Performances give middle and high school students a chance to meet and learn from visiting writers.
There are two easy ways to contribute:
• Download the Walt Whitman Circle contribution form
• Or contribute online *
* Online contributions to the Walt Whitman Circle are 100% tax-deductible and benefits must be declined. If you wish to receive benefits, please contact Tyler Meier at email@example.com or (520) 626-5880.
prior to making a contribution. Continued enrollment in the Walt Whitman Circle requires an annual contribution.
For more information about membership in the Walt Whitman Circle, please contact:
Donations and General Information:
The University of Arizona Poetry Center
1508 E. Helen Street
Tucson, AZ 85721-0150
520.626.3765 | FAX 520.621.5566
* Denotes charter Whitman Circle member